Hi my name is Monica Dixon and I am in my second year of study at CQU Mackay studying a Bachelor of Learning Management - Primary. I am very new to all of this 'technology stuff' and fear I will be clumsily stumbling my way through this entire course. Over the next few weeks I will continue to update this blog hopefully demonstrating to you my learning journey!
As an educator of children in the 21st Century, the fundamental skill of understanding and applying the learning theories developed by educational theorists to inform best pedagogical practice has never had such an important impact as now.
As an educator of children in the 21st Century, the fundamental skill of understanding and applying the learning theories developed by educational theorists to inform best pedagogical practice has never had such an important impact as now.
The four main theories which are the focus of this blog are Behaviourism, Cognitivism, Social Constructivism and Connectivism; all of which when cleverly combined and used effectively next to each other, contribute to creating the successful learners of today.
It is essential that learning is authentic in that it connects students to the world around and beyond them. Learning must be in a context that presents problems related to real life situations, where students are highly supported in solving these issues through the application of higher order thinking or complex thinking strategies. Learning managers achieve this through cleverly scaffolding the learning by implementing pedagogical tools such as De Bono's Six Thinking Hats and Bloom's Revised Taxonomy encouraging learners to be active participants in their own personal learning journeys.The use of curriculum frameworks and guidelines is also another important aspect of teaching; however it is important to keep in mind that learning managers teach students not curriculum.
I found this video link to be a fantastic explanation for implementing De Bono's Six Thinking Hats into everyday classrooms:
I found this video link to be a fantastic explanation for implementing De Bono's Six Thinking Hats into everyday classrooms:
No comments:
Post a Comment