Saturday, 30 November 2013

Week 5 Digital Technologies Continued

This week I focussed on making PowerPoints more interesting by creating a virtual museum/room.  I feel that this is a tool I will definitely use as I really enjoy using PowerPoints during class and it's a great program for kids to begin learning on.  I also looked into using Prezi.  Prezi is a great way to present information and is easily accessed through the Internet.  I feel Prezi is the next step up from PowerPoint and the presentation and animations in Prezi are automatic so less time is needed for the animation side of things.  My only concern with using both of these technologies is the time needed to learn how to use them.  Also when explaining to students how to use these, there needs to be a 'mother' computer for the teacher to be able to demonstrate and instruct step by step for the students to follow.  My learning style is very kinaesthetic and visual, so I always need to find tutorial clips via YouTube to understand how things are done.  I have attached the clip I viewed to help me understand how to create the PowerPoint ' virtual room'.  




My other digital focus this week was using Zooburst.  I love Zooburst and found it very easy to use and could instantly see the benefits of implementing this into the classroom.  I feel it would particularly benefit students who dislike literacy as the 'pop-out' effects are effective and engaging.  I created a very rough story using Zooburst which is linked below:

http://www.zooburst.com/zb_books-viewer.php?book=zb01_529ac6843cd64 

No comments:

Post a Comment